Monday, April 20, 2009

A Few Things I've Learned Since Becoming a Mom

I've only been a Mom for 7 1/2 months or so now, but in that short time, I've learned many things. Here are just a few....

* Pureed green beans, when left to dry, could be used as a great substitute for cement.

* Bibs should be securely fashioned to a child's neck before sitting them up after dressing them - if you fail to do this, the child will, without exception, spit up down the full length of their fresh, clean outfit.

* It is futile to try to keep your shirt free from spit up and other unmentionables. Just embrace the splotched look for this season.

* Children, especially little boys, will have a runny nose until they are at least 8 years old.

* Much destruction can be accomplished in that 2 minute time frame that you run to turn on the dishwasher, even by a not-yet "mobile" child. Much.

* Cheerios are the greatest thing on the face of the planet.

* Baby feet naturally repel socks. There's no keeping those suckers on.

* Boys are boys from the very beginning. Remotes, cell phones, and other gadgets top the favorites list.

* There is no equal to having your child smile at you. It will melt even the most stone cold heart.

* Once your baby has laughed, you will spend the majority of your day trying to coax it out again.

* That little body cuddling up against you is the best feeling in the world.

* Watching your baby splash and play in the bathtub becomes your favorite entertainment.

* Motherhood is probably the hardest, most wonderful and tenderly miraculous gift God gives us.

And here are some recent pics of my little miracle!
Playing with Grandpa Pruitt and the beloved remote
With Mom
With Great-Granddad Thurlkill
In the sun hat :)
Hanging with Dad

8 comments:

  1. oh i miss you sooooo much!! we must have pizza nite soon!!!! i love your list:) made me smile and cry@the same time!!!!! love you!! little sam is almost as big as grandpa pruitt-hahahaha!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, love that list. Can't say I'm excited about the perpetual spitup spots. I could pass on that part of motherhood. Oh yeah, and the actual having birth part too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Steph, I so enjoyed reading your thoughts on being a mommy..You are so right about boys too!! Try having a girl as well. DRAMA!! LOL!! I think you are a great mommy and you are doing a great job with Sam.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post! I wish that we could be closer and share these realities together! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man I had tears and laughed! I love the list. It's perfect and so true! Gotta love little boys! We need to get together soon. Miss you

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was so much fun to read! I can't wait to be a mom....haha thanks for the laugh

    ReplyDelete
  7. These were so great! I miss you bunches. When are we going to get together like we have been talking about forever? I want to snuggle that little man!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is an awesome mommy diary. I am going to quote you in my next mother's day sermon! Miss you guys. I know you are busy with building the new house, but our doors are open. If you and Mike want a date, drop off that cute little boy for an evening and all 4 of my girls will take good care of him. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete